I’m going to start a new series on the blog and I’m calling it…Favorites. Duh. We know this because we can see with eyes and read the title of the post. So, every month I’ll list a few of my favorite things at the moment. It could be wine or booze related, fashion, design, travel accessories, music, etc. I always love sharing my finds with friends and figured I might as well do it here too! I’ve discovered a lot of great things from reading other blogs, so let’s pay it forward. First up are a few things that have been making my skin feel great lately. There’s also a candle, which I do not in fact pour onto my skin, but it sure does make me feel nice when lit.
1. Boscia Luminizing Black Mask – I was craving one of those peel-off masks I used to be obsessed with in middle school. Guess what? Still obsessed. They are just so damn fun. This is a more grown up version than the ones of yesteryear – it’s free from parabens/sulfates/petrochemicals and any funny stuff and really tightens my pores and clarifies my skin without drying it out. And it’s BLACK, like really black. Cue the selfies.
2. Everyone Lotion in Coconut + Lemon – Oh my god this stuff. I randomly purchased a bottle while at my local health food store because it was affordable and full of real ingredients. It’s hydrating without being greasy…and the scent. The scent! It’s perfection. A super fresh and clean version of coconut – nothing artificial or cloying about it.
3. PF Candle Co. Soy Candle in Sweet Grapefruit – I’ve been burning Pommes Frites candles in my house for the past year and can’t get enough. I’ve talked about my love for their Spruce candle, but I’m currently into the Sweet Grapefruit. I think refreshing citrus is a great winter scent, something uplifting to carry you into spring.
4. Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant in Vanilla Grapefruit - I have searched high and low for a natural, aluminum and mineral oil-free deodorant. I’ve tried almost everything and nothing totally kept the BO at bay, until I found this. I love it. PS- the scent is a little baby powder-y, so if that’s not your thing you might not like it.
5. Malin + Goetz Mojito Lip Balm – This has been getting me through the dry winter air and a lot of plane travel. It really coats the lips and feels so nourishing. You can even put it over a lip stain for a more glossy look.